Monday 14 December 2015

024 | journey home



I'm back home! My recent travel journeys have been somewhat chaotic. Nearly missed the connecting flight back here and had to run past about 50 gates in the airport. Reminds me that I need to work out more.

And my journey to London was nuts too. They cancelled the train because of Storm Desmond and omg it is an experience I would appreciate not experiencing again. This is basically what happened:

1. Direct train got cancelled
2. Take a bus to Preston station
3. Pass by 3 overturned lorries because of the weather
4. Have the emergency exit of the bus (on the roof) open several times, also because of the weather
5. Pit stop to buy first 'proper' meal of the day
6. Bus refuse to start up
7. Wait 40 minutes in the bus before it starts
8. Get to Preston
9. Get on train
10. Realise it's the train that goes on the longer route to London
11. Get chased out of my seat
12. Find another seat
13. Worry about luggage getting stolen
14. Reach London in one piece
15. Feel bad Ping and Clara had to wait so long
16. Buy a pie to munch on
17. KO at Ping's place


Yupp, the best part was definitely seeing Ping and Clara in person after so long.

No comments: